Working with our Shadow: What it is represents & how to work with it
|Woman meeting her shadow|
- Our "inner-selves", subconscious; like our dreams and secret emotions.
- The moon also governs our instinctive knowing and actions, as well as our patterns of behavior, ones we learned through interaction with our mothers or early childhood caregivers, this can include our grandmothers as well.
- The Moon reflects the light thereby showing how the emotional reactions of others toward us can be reflected upon our moons energy.
- In our natal or birth map the moon stands for our sensitivities, our impulse to nurture, maternal instincts, fertility, pregnancy, delivery, and raising children.
- The Moon governs the state of our household and particularly disclosing our connection with our mothers, grandmothers (maternal) aspects are used to determine this.
- The moon can also shed light upon our romantic relationships due to the moon disclosing what is required for us to feel secure.
- In a man's chart the moon can show what kind of woman he's emotionally attracted too or needs in long term relationships as the moon is the governess of marriage.The moon gives an indication of what a person’s parenting style will be like by sign and aspect and what kind of relationship they will have with their own children.
- Lunar eclipses are directly associated with the shadow as each lunar eclipse uncovers part of the collective and personal unconscious that needs to be worked on for further evolution
All of these things that the moon signifies carries with it our shadow. It's imperative that we understand this part of ourselves, our human nature so that we can live authentic lives but also have authentic, healthy and nurturing relationships.