Love yourself through self care!
Life is ever changing all year round but its presence is made more intense during the transition of seasons from late summer to fall to winter. The sun disappears, the winds begin to blow and there is a chill that hits the air, if you live in colder regions you can look forward to snow falling, unless that is if you're anything like me, my body has grown to truly dislike the snow, cold and grey skies, I need plenty of warmth, sunshine, snuggles and hugs, relaxation and down time during the winter months, my body is truly in tune with the cycles of change and transition.
So, it is during this time the Goddess circles comes into mind for me, it is during this time many of my clients will contact me, desiring connection, an astrology reading, needing some answers to life's new endings, many of them are shedding during this time and releasing old patterns that they've cultivated or just out grown from the previous months and are feeling tired, heavy and experiencing the desire to hibernate. The call to bon fires, fire places, candles being lit and unnatural lighting being turned off, the need or instrinsic desire for deeper levels of meditation is upon us, fierce and unrelenting. It's the call of Goddess Baba Yaya, or the Navejo Goddess of the Changing woman, she's upon us, whispering, coaxing and encouraging us to die and be reborn. If you are feeling any of these intense energies as of late, well actually many have been feeling them the entire year, cosmic forces have been aligning, ushering in dramatic and drastic changes. Most of this years theme have revolved or evolved around relationships, patterns that need to be extinguished or brought to our attention, spirit along with what and who walks with us have been pulling us in the direction we need to go, never ceasing to slow down even if our footsteps stumble a bit, here and there. Have you been paying attention? It is during this time that the women of old, were led deep into the forests, our men left behind to wait for us to reemerge with messages from the Gods/Goddesses, angels, our ancestors, to understand, gain clarity and to move forward with what was good for the family, the clan, as individuals. Now, in our times, it's unfortunate we live in a world that doesn't support nor nurture the idea of women needing to go into the wilderness in groups, go to the tents, the temples, the huts, the lodges for some cleansing time, we are forced to defy an ancestral rite that many of our women folk had a chance to partake in. The call is strong and yet we keep pushing, we keep moving, drowing out the skreech of the Goddess, coaxing us to take US TIME. Although this practice should be done and heeded during anytime you get the call, I find it especially important during THIS TIME we find the space, give ourselves the permission to stop and take care of US. It is TIME to listen to our bodies, our hearts, our souls and turn into SPIRIT. Hear the call of the Goddess and go within and although we can not go to a literal temple for women's circles or prayer, or cleansing, and deep ritual, we can create it with conscious INTENTION by just connecting with ourselves and other women who may need to do the same thing.
|Black woman as Wonder Woman|
MY cure is MINDFULNESS=CONSCIOUSNESS and with consciousness we can begin to change the manner in which we handle the stress of life when challenges are thrown our way. Like our heroine in the picture and Wonder Woman's actions against injustice, we need to deflect what is not worthy of our attention, the people, the drama and the stress with our super shield of peace and armor of love and minds of gratitude and boots of truth and golden whip or is it a lasso??! of grace. We need to give ourselves permission to walk away and just say " NO MORE." Taking such actions are not selfish nor wrong, they are actually signs that one has an abundance of ever flowing self love that allows them to have zero tolerance for other peoples issues and their own lack of clarity that is so often projected unfairly unto others, more importantly YOU.
- Have you always wanted to learn how to do Latin dance? Instead of paying for an item you DON'T need, why not spend it on a class or buy a couple of DVD's and de-stress!
- You want to loose a few pounds or because exercising just feels good (actually it's the best depression reducer and it encourages healthy sex drive and well being) get up and walk the dog, hit that treadmill that's been your clothes rack for the past 4 months or go for a swim!
- Want to re-connect with your partner? Schedule in some romantic time, go out on a date, clean up the bedroom, change the sheets on the bed, put the kids down (if you have any) and have some intimate time! The point is to reconnect on a positive level
- Want to vent? Instead of eating a box of chocolates cause your boss pissed you off today, go hit the gym, hit the punching bags, do yoga, or even call a girlfriend over for dinner and cook a healthy meal together and release and let go!
- Create a support group for women that meets once a week to discuss issues and how to make the necessary changes in releasing and letting go! It doesn't take any money and it provides something that is sustainable for women to look forward to so that they CAN have safe space to heal and let go!